Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best Way To Backup Pc Using Xp Pro 1TB External Hard Drive = Backup, Storage And More?

1TB External Hard Drive = Backup, Storage and More? - best way to backup pc using xp pro

I think buying a Terbayte 1 (1000 GB) external hard drive. With her I want my MacBook Pro supports hard drive, backup data from a few external drives and backup data from some strange internal hard drives of personal computers and to a small room "have free".

Question 1: What is the format that the drive in (partitions to be, for example) must and should take steps to adopt the correct format? For example, I would format it to FAT32 for all space and expands the window for Mac Journaled convert FAT32 to NTFS?

Question 2: What is the best way is to collect all data on the hard drive it? (Remember, both Windows XP and Mac 10.5 Leopard.) For example, use the files / Settings Transfer Wizard or the shifting of jobs? Time Machine for Mac? (In this sense, I need more information on the time machine. - How can I constantly "sync" my laptop HD .--)

Question 3: Any idea on the two discs, which I think? These are the best deals we could find. I thought the RAID, but in the end, I have all in one volume.

Question 4: Is there something I need for the PC when the drive is accessed or prepare Mac? Need to read / write for both platforms?

My current inventory:
Macbook Pro, 200GB (Extended Journaled)
120 GB external hard drive (NTFS)
External Hard Drive 20GB (NTFS)
30 GB of data from another PC (NTFS)
30 GB of data from another PC (NTFS)

BothProspective 1TB External Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822101121 # spec

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206821006&adid=17070&dcaid=17070
(o)
http://www.micronet.com/products/gf.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NTFS run
and the eSATA is the fastest

Post a Comment